Biological Safety Cabinets
The BIO Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) is designed to protect individuals, the environment, and products from a variety of biological particulates, serving as the primary barrier in life science research and experimentation.
As a Class II Type A2 biosafety cabinet, the 'BIO' minimises and contains Biosafety Level 1-3 agents, maintaining negative pressure inside the cabinet during operation to prevent contaminants from escaping the work area. HEPA filtration scours 70% of the incoming room air to protect the products, while the remaining 30% of the exhausted air is filtered by a second HEPA filter. BIO cabinets provide ample workspace with environmentally sound operation and low
- User Interface: Ergonomics, safety and aesthetics all come together with the 10º pitch of the face.
- Removable Tray: Raised one-piece work surface lifts and removes for easy surface decontamination.
- Durable Interior: The BIO BSC utilises a heavy-gauge, one-piece liner with coved corners for easy cleaning and durability.
- Standard Control System: Reliable rocker switches and easy-to-read gauge for safety and durability. EN-only models are equipped with membrane-style switches.
- Double-wall Plenum Design: Double-wall design creates a unique plenum which surrounds contaminated areas with negative pressure, preventing the possibility of contamination from leaks in ﬁlter seal, gasket or cabinet structure.
- Ergonomic Fit: The angled front, narrow-front grille, raised armrest and frameless sash create an ergonomic work environment. Unique front grille designed to provide the maximum product and personnel protection.
- Clean: Single-piece stainless-steel work tray and front grille, lower drain pan with angled side, and single-piece work zone liner eliminate joints for superior cleanability.
- Safe: HEPA ﬁlters (Class H14) tested to a typical efficiency of >99.99% for 0.3 micron particles.
- Robust Cabinet Construction: Key components, including ﬂuorescent lamps, motor capacitor, electrical harness, electronic ballast, and switch control are mounted outside the airstream and away from contaminated air to permit service without decontamination.
- Surround Air Intake Grill: All contaminated air is enclosed in the work area. No safety dead zone.
- Optional Mounting Stand: Stand height of 26" (660 mm) creates work surface height of 29.4" (746 mm) for seated position.
BIO FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The 'BIO' BSC saves money and decreases the load required on your facility HVAC system. Industry-leading innovations and technology make the BIO:
- Easy to Install. The biosafety cabinet is self-contained and does not require venting to the outside. Units are portable and may be moved from one location to the next with minimal downtime and without ﬁlter changes. Set-up, operation and ﬁlter maintenance are straightforward.
- Energy Efficient. Because ﬁltered air is returned to the room no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- Cost Effective.Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction costs are eliminated.
- Safe to Use. Cabinet airﬂow and face velocity protect users from incidental exposure to particulates.
Energy Efficient Protection
The BIO maintains the world’s highest ECM rating
for a brushless DC motor and saves up to 86% over traditional PSC motors(based on internal testing). Additional benefits include:
Extended filter life. Constant airflow design automatically adjusts air pressure to stabilise airflow and extend the life of the installed HEPA filters.
More Air Volume. High torque capabilities transport more air volume and pressure than traditional AC motors.
Energy Efficient.Over 80% of the output power is converted to kinetic energy to ensure ongoing energy savings over the life of the motor.
Contact us for further information on 0113 245 4111 or click to fill in our Contact Form.