Biological Safety Cabinets
The BIO biological safety cabinet (BSC) is certified for safety and performance in accordance with EN12469 which certifies Class II, Type A2 laminar flow cabinets are suitable for working with biosafety agents at levels 1, 2, 3, and 4. Air Science 4-foot models are certified by NSF.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
The BIO saves money and decreases the load required on your facility HVAC system. Industry-leading innovations and technology make the BIO:
- Easy to Install. The biosafety cabinet is self-contained and does not require venting to the outside. Units are portable and may be moved from one location to the next with minimal downtime and without filter changes. Set-up, operation and filter maintenance are straightforward.
- Energy Efficient. Because filtered air is returned to the room no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- Cost Effective. Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction costs are eliminated.
- Safe to Use. Cabinet airflow and face velocity protect users from incidental exposure to particulates.
HEPA filtration of downflow and exhaust paths provides a primary containment work area for life science research, cell culture processing, and other applications where protection of the user, the work product, and the environment, and mitigation of cross-contamination on the work surface are needed.
The BIO uses self-contained HEPA filters designed to physically capture particles larger than 0.3 microns with >99.995% typical efficiency.
The integrated HEPA filtration system provides clean air to the work surface in a gentle vertical laminar flow pattern, allowing the exhaust HEPA filter to trap biohazardous particles prior to the air being exhausted into the room.
The BIO maintains an airflow ratio of 70% recirculation to 30% exhaust to ensure operator protection.
A patented HEPA filtration lock maintains filter efficiency, minimizes the chance of leakage, and prolongs filter life.
Energy Efficient Protection
The BIO maintains one of the world’s highest performance ratings for a brushless DC motor.
Additional benefits include:
- Better Apportioned Power. Over 80% of the EC motor output power is converted to kinetic energy to ensure sustainable energy savings over the life of the motor.
- Extended Filter Life. Balanced airflow and even distribution of downflow and exhaust paths promote uniform filter loading to prolong filter life.
- Constant Feedback Motor Speed. The EC motor automatically adjusts speed to maintain compliant airflow at all critical points while compensating for filter loading and facility voltage fluctuations.
Electrical Safety and Certification
- All components meet or exceed applicable safety requirements.
- Each cabinet is individually tested for electrical safety at the factory and documentation specific
to each tested cabinet is maintained on file.
- IEC Certified for USA and Canada
- Models available with NSF 49 and EN12469 certifications.
Energy Efficient: The quiet, internal EC Brushless DC Motor ensures sufficient airflow across the work surface at all times while saving up to 86% over traditional PSC motors (based on internal testing).
Standard Control System: Includes simple, reliable membrane-style switches and an easy-to-read gauge for safety and durability.
HEPA Filtration Lock: The patented Quick Access HEPA Filtration System allows filter changes to be performed from the front of the cabinet by a single person without tools.
Paper Catch: Protective screen located at the bottom of the rear air return plenum prevents wipes and other paper products from being drawn into the blower system.
Double-Wall Plenum Design: Double-wall design creates a unique plenum which surrounds contaminated areas with negative pressure, preventing the possibility of contamination from leaks in ﬁlter seal, gasket, or cabinet structure.
Air Velocity: The air velocity and associated correction factors are preset at the factory to meet regulatory requirements and ensure operator safety.
Clean: All internal work surfaces are constructed of VIRO-CUT™ Antibacterial Stainless Steel which inhibits the growth of most common bacteria. The raised work tray is also removable for easy surface decontamination.
Surround Air Intake Grille: All contaminated air is enclosed in the work area. No safety dead zone.
Outlet: Outlets are installed in the work area to guard against electrical shock.
Durable Interior: The BIO utilizes a heavy-gauge, one-piece liner with coved corners for enhanced durability.
Ergonomic Fit: The angled front, narrow-front grille, and frameless sash create an ergonomic work environment. The #304 stainless steel elbow/arm rest provides ergonomic forearm support to prevent grille blockages and improve posture.
Safe: Includes HEPA ﬁlters (Class H14) tested to a typical efficiency of >99.99% for 0.3 micron particles.
NSF 49 & EN12469 Listed: Certiﬁed for safety and performance. NSF 49 (4-foot models only) and EN12469 certified to meet international and industry standards of performance and protection.
NSF Certification applies to the biological safety cabinet models AHA-133-AA-B, AHA-133-AB-B, and AHA-133-CB-B, as well as AHA-133-AC-B, AHA-133-CA-B, and AHA-133-CC-B
Robust Cabinet Construction: Key components, including ﬂuorescent lamps, motor capacitor, electrical harness, electronic ballast, and switch control are mounted outside the airstream and away from contaminated air to permit service without decontamination.
Safety Interlock Feature: Activates the fan and fluorescent light in the cabinet automatically when the sash window is opened. The UV light is also automatically switched off during this time. When the window is fully closed, the UV light is switched on and the fluorescent lamp and fan are turned off automatically.
Standards Compliant: The BIO undergoes 10 internal quality tests prior to leaving the factory, including pressure decay testing, downflow velocity testing, and HEPA filter leak testing.
Model Range - Standard (Click Product Title for More Info)
AS-AHA-103-CB-B - Biological safety cabinet, 3'W, 230VAC, 50Hz, 10A
AS-AHA-133-CB-A - Biological safety cabinet, 4'W, 230VAC, 50Hz, 10A
AS-AHA-133-CB-B - NSF Biological safety cabinet, 4'W, 230VAC, 50Hz, 10A
AS-AHA-163-CB-B - Biological safety cabinet, 5'W, 230VAC, 50Hz, 10A
AS-AHA-193-CB-B - Biological safety cabinet, 6'W, 230VAC, 50Hz, 10A
Contact us for further information on 0113 245 4111 or click to fill in our Contact Form.